With his distinctive sound and energetic and lyrical approach, Rotterdam-based trumpet player Jab van Duikeren (1975) now ranks among a new generation of
prominent musicians in the Dutch jazz scene. His extensive musical interests and outstanding versatility have ensured his success as a much sought-after solo player and side-man. This popularity has secured him an impressive array of musical outings with leading artists and band representing virtually all music genres.
The list of notable musical artists with whom he has performed includes Candy Dulfer, Bløf, James Carter, Paul Weller, Trijntje Oosterhuis, Sheila E, Gare du Nord, the Metropole Orchestra, Leon Ware, Diana Ross, Mathilde Santing, The Four Tops, Moon Baker, Alain Clark, Lionel Richie, New Cool Collective, Benjamin Herman, Liquid Spirits, Temptations, Paul Young, and Bob Brookmeyer.
Jan van Duikeren is currently performing with:
- Fingerprint, his own band which also features Tom Beek, Martijn Vink, Jesse van Ruller, Manuel Hugas and Ronald Kool
- Candy Dulfer, with whom he has been touring the main stages of the world for 15 years now. Jan is also responsible for a large section of Candy's brass arrangements as well as some compositions.
- The Special Request Horns, Jan's own brass section including saxophone player Guido Nijs and trombone player Louk Boudesteijn, for whom he also writes and arranges music
- The New Cool Collective Bigband
- The Jazzinvaders
- Caro Emerald. With the Special Request Horns
In addition to playing with a wide range of artists, Jan has also written compositions and arrangements for the Jazz Orchestra of the Concertgebouw, Moon Baker, the Jazzinvaders, Gare du Nord, Liquid Spirits, Leona, Rotterdam Jazz Orchestra, Sheila E, Leon Ware, The Players, Trijntje Oosterhuis, Xandra Willis, Mathilde Santing, Beef, Natalia, Thank God It's Friday (a live television programme in 2008 featuring Claudia de Breij), Rosemary's sons, Edwin Pennock and many others.